Newsreel

Feed the Homeless: Liza - 44 years old.


Edmonton, Alberta. Sunday April 7th, 2013 - Outside temperature: +1° C.

Liza was just outside the Southgate mall, sitting by the doors. We agreed to have lunch together, so we headed into the mall. They didn't allow us to stay in the food court (let's just say she has an eventful history with this mall), therefore, we grabbed our sandwiches and went outside to eat them, thankfully the weather was a bit warmer today.

We start chatting about where is she from and what does she do; she is from Nova Scotia and she has been in Edmonton for little over two years now. She mentioned that she can find food easier here. She didn't have much to say and our conversations was limited to small talks. Her mind kept on wondering around and she wasn't really in the moment (Unless I started to lose my charm when I talk to women :P).  Anyways, I felt that there were few factors involved that caused this, so I decided to keep it short and simple.

I ask her my regular question: "Liza, if you had three wishes, what would they be?" she said: “Connect with my family back east, a job that can feed me, and a roof over my head”. She was satisfied with the meal and she thanked me for it. We shook hands, and I wished her a good day.

Stay tuned for another story next month! You can follow this blog here or "Like" the Facebook page "Feed the Homeless Day" to stay in the loop.

Disclaimer: This picture is from google.

No comments:

Post a Comment